The Greenhouse: A Learning Center for Missionary Children (The Greenhouse)
Statement of Purpose and Values
This educational cooperative is an association of teaching staff and families whose goal is to provide an education for their children in a classroom setting. The purpose of The Greenhouse is to provide group experience, curriculum and resources for SIL and other expatriate missionary families. It is further hoped that the availability of The Greenhouse will allow parents to participate more fully in the work God has called them to do in Cameroon. The Greenhouse recognizes the cultural diversity of its families and tries to be sensitive to their needs.
The Greenhouse program has the following core values:
• Quality education with a Biblical worldview
• Group learning experience
• Parental engagement in the functioning of the program
• Parent relief for the accomplishment of mission-related activities
• Teachers who share the same understanding of Scripture as Wycliffe members
• Shared educational resources
The Greenhouse serves students in kindergarten through grade 6. However, it may not operate for all grade levels if teachers are not available. The classrooms are divided as follows: kindergarten, combined grade 1 and 2, combined grade 3 and 4, combined grade 5 and 6.